I survived the term! I survived the term!
And it certainly was a busy one. What I did/what happened over the past four months can be summed up as follows:
- Helped get a new course in my faculty up and running
- Joined three committees in my department: research and scholarship committee (again), department council (again), and the graduate course review committee
- Presented at the CESA conference in Chicago in September
- Joined the Global Education Team, giving presentations and workshops
- Organized and developed the experiential sign-up process for ~265 EDU 211 students
- Presented at the CGCER bi-annual conference
- An article I submitted to an academic journal for publication
- Met Drake at his concert here in YEG
- And finally, I had my sixth major surgery, the second on my wrist.
Overall it was a great term, albeit one filled with a lot of hard work and many difficulties. I’ve learned a lot–both academically and personally–and I’m eager to see what next semester holds.